Southern Transformation is a compelling account of how educational issues appear on the ground and the challenges involved in any attempt to resolve major social issues… – Emeritus Professor Gary Hawke
It is not a long read but I think it is the most thoughtful analysis of education in South Auckland that I have read in the last decade. Well worth the read. – Mark Barratt, in Education Aotearoa review, January 18, 2017
Purchase direct from Victoria University Press
See also: Victoria University Press blogspot, 27 January 2017
- Schools’ competitive model ‘hurting’ poor communities: Radio New Zealand Interview. 30 January 2017.
- Under the Bridge: Wealthy schools succeeding at the expense of the poor: New Zealand Herald Focus article. 13 February 2017
- Unleashing the Potential of South Auckland. Insight, Radio New Zealand. 19 February 2017
- School governance needs overhaul . AUT Briefing Papers. 7 March 2017
- Poorer schools – when the middle class flee. Insight, Radio New Zealand. 19 March 2017
The Blog associated with this website contains ideas explored during the development of this book.