Working together means learning together
Trustees are busy people. Sometimes it is easier to get an independent person to ‘walk through’ the board’s strategic plan to build collective understanding.
Board members can attend training sessions run by the New Zealand School Trustees Association. These do not cost board members anything except time and travel. If your board chooses to have its own in-house training, we can provide this for you at very reasonable rates.
Typical sessions might include:
- Understanding your role as a trustee
- Working the books: tackle those monthly financial reports
- Managing the principal – board relationship
- Student achievement: the board’s main focus
- The board’s strategic plan